Business Installation Engineer
Job title: Business Installation Engineer
Employment type: Permanent
Division & location: Telecoms – Site based (East Midlands)
Posted: 17th May 2017
Please note you must be permitted to work in the EC and hold a Full UK driving licence to apply for this job.
Previous experience in business or residential installations is preferred, however full training is provided.
We are looking to recruit an experienced business installation engineer in the East Midlands region. You will be working on a field engineering basis, installing fibre optic cables into businesses.
This role is a field based, customer facing position, and will require travelling throughout the East Midlands to install fibre optic cables into businesses properties.
Prior experience of working in the telecommunications/cabling industry would be an advantage but we will be happy to provide all necessary training to enthusiastic, professional and customer oriented candidates coming from other backgrounds.
This role will involve external and internal cabling work and as such, you should be physically fit, customer focused, with excellent communication skills and a "right first time" attitude to the work you do.
Your main activities will include:
- Installation of fibre optic cables into business premises.
- Some level of external cable pulling.
- Ability to work safely, such as National Roads & Street Works Act.
NRSWA Signing, Lighting & Guarding.
- Deliver professional and concise customer education.
- Self-audit all work and ensure it meets all applicable technical and operational quality standards.
- Work efficiently and tidily, maintaining a clean environment and at all times.
- Respond effectively and appropriately to all customer requests and enquiries.
- Complete work to agreed time scales.
- Comply with Health & Safety standards.
- Ensure that all work activities comply with environmental regulations.
- Ensure the use of plant and tools are conducted in a safe manner, meeting the requirements for operation of the specific equipment.
- Comply with company Transport Policy.
- Ensure vehicles are not over-loaded or otherwise pose a risk.
- Conduct daily checks of plant and tools, ensure they are safe to use and where applicable carry valid calibration certificates.
- Ability to take direction from management and execute works in an efficient manner.
- Proactive in the resolution of engineering obstacles, conferring with management.
- Customer focused with a professional outward attitude.
- Flexibility to undertake works outside core working hours.
- Quick learning skills.
Excellent communication skills
Ability to work with minimum supervision
Ability to work within a team
Be able to prioritise, organise and manage tasks
Excellent communicator. Good observational and analytical skills and a good eye for detail.
Well-presented and have good presentation skills.
Must have good IT skills - specifically Microsoft Excel and Word.
Must be holding a Full Driving Licence.
Working week is Monday to Friday with some out of hours and weekend work.
If offered this position, you would be required to undertake a Standard DBS Check (Disclosure and Barring Service) through the company.