Salary: Competitive Salary With Holiday Pay, Bonus & Pension
Location: Looking for Engineers Based around Reading or Luton.
Employment type: Permanent
Please note you must be permitted to work in the EC and hold a Full UK driving licence to apply for this vacancy
We are looking to recruit trainee and experienced residential installation engineers in the home counties. You will be working on a field engineering basis, installing FTTH broadband services to residential customers.
This role is a field based, customer facing position, and will require travelling throughout the home counties to install services at residential properties.
Prior experience of working within the cable TV industry would be an advantage but we will be happy to provide all necessary training to enthusiastic, professional and customer oriented candidates coming from other backgrounds.
This role will involve external and internal cabling work and as such, you should be physically fit, customer focused, with excellent communication skills and a "right first time" attitude to the work you do.
Main duties include accountability for the following:
- Installation of FTTH Broadband services in residential premises.
- Deliver professional and concise customer education.
- Self-audit all work and ensure it meets all applicable technical and operational quality standards.
- Work efficiently and tidily, maintaining a clean environment and at all times.
- Respond effectively and appropriately to all customer requests and enquiries.
- Complete work to agreed time scales.
- Comply with Health & Safety standards.
- Ensure that all work activities comply with environmental regulations.
- Ensure the use of plant and tools are conducted in a safe manner, meeting the requirements for operation of the specific equipment.
- Comply with company Transport Policy.
- Conduct daily checks of plant and tools, ensure they are safe to use and where applicable carry valid calibration certificates.
- Ability to take direction from management and execute works in an efficient manner.
- Proactive in the resolution of engineering obstacles, conferring with management.
- Customer focused with a professional outward attitude.
- Flexibility to undertake works outside core working hours.
- Quick learning skills.
- Ensure compliance with all current client processes and proceduresBe able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to a contributory pension scheme, development and training, plus other discounts and benefits.
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached.